“Dream Chronicles” is a game based on a story about dreams, as you can imagine. The story tells that Lilith, the Fairy Queen of Dreams has casted a spell over the entire kingdom putting everybody to sleep, and captured Faye’s (the protagonist) husband. According to the story, Faye’s husband always knew that someday this would happen and got ready in advanced. That’s why now Faye has a diary of her husband with a path to follow, leading to the salvation of the kingdom. The game has an incredibly good graphic design and background sound.
The game itself basically consists on looking and picking items from different locations, which will be useful in your journey and will help you solve some situations on the way. When you click on some element you’ll get some extra information about it. If it’s an element you need, it’ll be saved in the lower part of the screen. You have to look the scenes very carefully, trying to find the hidden items that you need the most. In order to finish the level you have to solve some problematic situation that the game propose to you.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and then you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to the game introduction. After that you’ll be playing the first level.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Instructions: to see a single page help to learn the basics.
- High Scores and Quit: no further explanation required.
While you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Pause button to see a submenu with the following options on it:
- Options: to open the options menu commented before.
- Help: to see the instructions.
- Quit: to close the application.
- Continue: to go back to the game.
You can try this game for 30 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows XP/Vista
- Pentium® III 700 MHz
- RAM: 128 MB
- Minimum Screen Resolution: 800x600
- Sound Card: recommended
- DirectX® Version: DirectX 7.0
- Hard Drive Space: 25MB
- It’s very easy to learn how to play using the instructions
- Amazing graphics
- Affordable price
- Only 30 minutes to try the game
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported